Memory care is specialized care for people living with Alzheimer’s, Dementia and other forms of memory loss. Communities specializing in memory care will typically feature safe and secure environments where staff can closely monitor the health of the residents. Programs, activities, and events that are designed to help memory care residents work on their cognitive abilities, while also getting to enjoy passions and hobbies. Staff typically are specially trained to provide the quality care needed for seniors with memory loss.
Our staff here at Newport Beach Memory Care understand the challenges that face families dealing with these cognitive ailments and the need for continued support and assistance. We also understand that each case is uniquely different and deserves the utmost attention and care. We offer the specialized care needed to help with this process in each unique case.
Our Memory care program offers:
Professional Specialized Staff
- 24-hour supervised care 7 days a week
- Staff is trained to serve residents in the early, middle and late stages of dementia and Alzheimer’s
- The ratio between staff members and memory care patients is extremely low because we are a small private community.
- Our caregivers handle behavioral problems with consideration, kindness, and patience.
- The nursing staff is extremely knowledgeable, caring and happy to be of service to our residents.
Top Quality Services
- We provide a personal assessment before admitting new residents and we come to you.
- Each resident has an individualized care plan which focuses on:
- Creating appropriate treatment options for each resident
- Monitoring treatment effectiveness as each resident progresses
- Exploring alternatives as needed
- Creating individual goals for treatment and tolerance
- We have visiting physicians and families can coordinate outside (visiting) care.
- Health management for residents and constant updates to family members.
- Our professional staff handles all Medication management.
- Our activity director ensures that we have specialized cognitive stimulation daily for our residents with social programs and daily activities.
- Exercise and physical therapy programs.
- Comfortable private and semi-private rooms
- We accommodate wheelchair-bound and bedridden residents.
- Family-style dining rooms with 3 – restaurant-style meals a day
- Beauty Salon on the premises
- Bird Aviary that provides stimulation and aids in therapy
- Housekeeping Services
- Laundry and Linen Services
- Easy to navigate open planned facility that was built specifically for memory care patients and provides a home away from home feeling.
- Safe and secure outdoor recreation areas.
- All community entrances and exits are secured, coded and alarmed.
- A private dining room for family lunches and birthdays.
- Ample parking space for visitors who are welcome every day of the week.
Here are some helpful brochures from the Alzheimer’s Association website to help you better understand this illness. Knowledge is power and the best tool in helping each loved one during this challenging time.